Updates to HyTrust DataControl and HyTrust CloudControl provide comprehensive end-to-end multi-cloud encryption and automated compliance for software-defined data centers and hyper converged infrastructures
Online, August 17, 2016 (Newswire.com) - MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--HyTrust Inc. today announced enhanced capabilities for its workload security platform to support organizations with virtualized, public, private or multi-cloud environments for popular cloud technologies including Amazon Web Services, IBM, EMC, Intel, Microsoft and VMware. This release includes HyTrust DataControl 3.2 and HyTrust CloudControl 5.0, both of which address key operational and security risks facing the next generation of data center transformation. With the HyTrust platform, organizations can reduce risk, automate compliance, reduce costs and ensure availability in virtualized and cloud environments.
"HyTrust has been focused on securing virtualization since it's founding. With its CloudControl and DataControl portfolio, it continues to help customers enable multi-cloud workload security for a breadth of data center platforms"
As software-defined data centers (SDDCs), hyper converged infrastructures, and multi-cloud environments become the building blocks for data centers, organizations must implement security solutions that allow for seamless deployment in complex public and hybrid cloud environments. At the same time, they must also protect organizational data and operationalize secure workflows. New data center build-outs often highlight security issues and the gap that often exists between the needs of infrastructure, operations and security teams. By breaking down the barriers between these teams, HyTrust eliminates alignment gaps between departments to allow security to be built into infrastructure and meet the demand for agile, secure and scalable workload deployment.
"IT environments are getting more complex. The industry has moved from a one cloud fits all to a multiple cloud approach," said Eric Chiu, president and founder, HyTrust. "HyTrust's workload security solutions make these fairly unexplored, multi-cloud environments a more trustworthy place for enterprises to operate. With the latest enhancements to DataControl and CloudControl, we are strengthening trust within a multi-cloud infrastructure and the SDDC, providing modern IT organizations with the solutions they need to remain secure in today's rapidly evolving environment."
The HyTrust workload security platform allows organizations to take full advantage of SDDC and multi-cloud environments without jeopardizing security. By providing support for leading virtualization, public cloud and hyper converged infrastructure, HyTrust assures organizations that they can deploy SDDC security controls and encryption with flexible key management across the leading cloud and virtualization platforms.
HyTrust DataControl - offers powerful encryption with easy to use, scalable key management to secure the entire compute, network and storage stack throughout its lifecycle, from deployment and migration to sanctioned decommission. It's the only encryption/key management solution that allows an organization to dynamically encrypt and rekey virtual machines. HyTrust DataControl accelerates workload encryption by using technologies like Intel AES-NI to make encryption a transparent operation that doesn't impede performance and availability. New capabilities in HyTrust DataControl include:
- Any-cloud ready: Easy to deploy, manage and run in any type of cloud environment, whether it's private, public or hybrid. HyTrust supports public clouds like Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, IBM SoftLayer, VMware vCloud, as well as private clouds such as VMware (NSX and ESX), and hyper-convergence private clouds such as EMC, Nutanix and Simplivity.
- Zero downtime, zero touch encryption: Empowers IT organizations to consistently meet system-level agreements by never requiring applications to go offline and using policy-based intelligence to ensure re-keying of workloads happens automatically.
- Real-time forensics: Analytics ensuring data risk exposures are highlighted quickly and easily for operator override action or automatic scheduling.
- Secure boot protection: Protects organizational data by not allowing any system to boot or access data disks for unauthorized virtual machines or users.
- Military-grade data encryption: HyTrust DataControl Encryption is FIPS-140-2 Level 1 Certified and FIPS-140-2 Level 3 capable with built-in HSM support providing government agencies and security savvy enterprises confidence that their data is safe in the cloud.
HyTrust CloudControl - the standard for advanced access controls, forensic logging and policy enforcement in VMware environments, allowing organizations to automate security and compliance requirements mandated by a broad range of industry standards including PCI-DSS, HIPAA, NIST and SOX. HyTrust CloudControl enables the use of technologies including Intel Trusted Execution Technology (TXT) and CIT (Cloud Integrity Technology) to ensure enterprise-class controls and policy enforcement for workload integrity. New features in HyTrust CloudControl 5.0 include:
- New security posture dashboards (with drill downs): Provide analysis and trending of privileged user access, compliance and protection of resources.
- Enhanced logging and reporting functionality: Includes heat maps, automatic capture of configuration changes, snapshot views and simplified formatting of log data providing our customers deeper and richer analytics and trending of privileged user access, compliance posture and level of resource protection.
- Secondary workflow approvals for NSX: Supports a second level of approval to sensitive actions, made by privileged users within the NSX environment.
- Extended capabilities for NSX REST APIs: Allows for enhanced security operations.
"HyTrust has been focused on securing virtualization since it's founding. With its CloudControl and DataControl portfolio, it continues to help customers enable multi-cloud workload security for a breadth of data center platforms," said Jon Oltsik, senior principal analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group.
To learn more please visit:
HyTrust's mission is to make private, public and hybrid cloud infrastructure more trustworthy for enterprises, service providers and government agencies. HyTrust provides solutions that automate security controls for software-defined computing, networking and storage workloads to achieve the highest levels of visibility, granular policy control and data protection. HyTrust customers benefit from being able to accelerate cloud and virtualization cost savings while improving their security posture by automating and enforcing security policies in real time, adapting quickly to compliance requirements, and preventing unplanned outages.
Headquartered in Mountain View, CA, HyTrust is backed by the leading providers of strategic IT infrastructure including VMware, Cisco, Intel and Fortinet; by the vanguard of innovative solutions for the intelligence community, In-Q-Tel; and by a world class group of financial investors including AIT Ventures, Granite Ventures, Trident Capital and Vanedge Capital. HyTrust was recently named one of CRN's "20 Coolest Cloud Security Vendors," a recipient of VMworld's 2015 Gold Award for Security/Compliance and Virtualization, and the Most Innovative Cloud Company at Intel Security Focus 2015.